BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, March 13, 2009

Lonek oh Lonek..

It's been quite some time since I've blog..I know I've said that I will blog bout my Homestay programme after my mid exam..But things were getting out of control ever since..I've been so, so busy with my stuff till I almost gave up! No kidding..I was as though possesed and became someone else, with uncontrollable mood swings, total BLUR-ness (keep huh? and need others to repeat again and again till they fed up~) and kinda jealous and wondering why my buddies are realtively less busy than me (they get to go sing karaoke, but me have to prison myself to finish the overload assignments+presentations+BSMM stuff..while they were having fun WITHOUT ME! ~ ) OMG! I nearly turned into a wacko!

I'm still busy ( my schedule is so full till next week) but I really need some break and BLOG!! Now using PC's lappy to blog ( My lappy was sick since yesterday..Probably need to send to hospital soon if too serious..Hope not! * Pray )

So, this Homestay at Kg. Lonek, N.Sembilan was a 3 days 2 nights trip organized by The Pelancongan dan Produk Budaya course..It's not about fun and experience but also the REPORT that we have to write when we got back..So, let's see..And hmm..I've took 200+ pics and Kak Dilah also around that amount, so TOTAL would be 400+ pics but I've just pick and uploaded a few..



In the bus..Said wanna start moving from UKM at 8am but finally moved at 8.50am..(GRrrrr..I've waited for 50 minutes for the Super 'MO' MALAYsians)


Reached Kg. Lonek around 12pm cause have to wait for another 2 buses along the way..The journey has to pass by Kuala Pilah (super winding road but better than Genting, I feel) and the reached Batu Kikir and finally Kg. Lonek! No doubt, at first I was rather exited because this is the very first time that I've joined a Homestay programme..And I was in the EXTREME FUN mood where I will explore the whole (hmmm..probably more or less..hehe) village and see the surrondings..We were given lunch and some speech on the whole programme and then were divided to our foster families..We choose them by their faces! ( see using our first impression..If seems NICE, then Let's Go! If like hmmm..looks scary, then NEXT! haha..well, looks can be very deceiving at times but well......)


My foster family comprises of foster mum and 3 of their lil'girls ( Foster dad passed away when they were lil'..Poor thing )..This house is somehow modern in a Malay village..Looks small but it's very comfy inside..


Since, I'll be having EKA exam on the next Wednesday, I tried to study(on that Friday)...


BUT....................



Just can't study lo..Every single minute, the 3 lil' girls will enter the room and start to be like chatterbox already..They are very lovely and love to play and obviously, talk..And we wanna take some nap, they will come in the room and wake you up in every possible way..Hmm..It gets annoying when I'm tired but when I'm not, I just find they are so cute!

Did I mention that I stayed with Kak Dilah? She's one of my buddies in UKM also..



The activity of the 1st Day..


Trying to catch fish with bare hands..Get into the mud!! Fun man..I got to catch 3-5 really small fish ( The size is like anchovies..lol..)..They wanted Ikan Keli fishes..




Our hard-catched fishes..Hmmm..these muddy fishes actually can be eaten? You are right..It's our meals! Hope they washed properly..



After that, were like free activity..Kak Dilah and I wanted to explore the village actually but the sky is getting dark and our house is really deep inside the village, passing by palm oil and rubber plantation..If walk, it'll take us hours! Somehow, I did walked around near my house with the kids..





Those nasty mosquitoes!! My poor blood..I've rather donate them to the needy ones that YOU, MOSQUITO!

MY CAMWHORING PIC OF THE DAY.. :P



Kg. Lonek specialty-Lemak cili api..Most of them find them too spicy but for me, IT'S NO SPICY lo..And ya, they actually cooked BEEF when I DON'T EAT It..Probably they should be more attentive to those who can't consume beef..




2nd Day



Outside the house..The morning breeze was so cooling..
ACTIVITIES OF THE DAY..



Went to The Late Pendeta Za'ba's house which is situated near Kg. Lonek..Really opened my eyes of Malay house..It is unique where it;s architecture of every single part of the house has it's meaning!




The paddy field! Not that I 'sua ku' never see a paddy field before but yes, it's been so long since I've seen one..Now in the city, before my eyes are just cars, buildings and definitely not GREEN~



Catched and held a chicken with my bare hands for the first time..Ahaaaaaa..A lil' scary at first but fun after that..
Sorry, you're my meal, poor lil' chicken.. =.=



Coconut bowling..
Guess what, I've got 0..cool huh? It's hrd k? the coconut tend to like sway away..My group (SESEDAP RASA) got the last..My group was the weakest one so far~



Tarik upih ( Don't know what they call UPIH in English )..Fun ler~
This is just a picture for photograph purpose..In real, I actually can pull Kak Dilah one round..( I'm the Man~ :P)



Dinner time..Ate with hands..This is not my first time eating with hands..I've ate using my hands when I was in primary school ( Can't remember why but for fun, I guess..)So, I don't have problem with it..



The Miss Kg. Lonek..Phewwwittt..lol
We actually had performance..And my group won Third (I guess it's due to pity lo..Our group didn't win any hampers for other activities, that's why..)



'Bongai' performance-Traditional N.Sembilan songs and traditional music instrumens


MY CAMWHORING PIC OF THE DAY.. :P




3rd Day


Went for Community Base project..Went and clean the surrounding house of a not-so-normal ( I'm not very sure but heard he's like something wrong~ )..And his house compound were like a lil' forest..Bushes and trees all around..Well, that's why we gonna do something about it..


Equipments ready? Like go some village war only..lol..
The weather was humid and I tried to give my best to help around..
Open burning..As a civilised people, I think this is totally wrong! The pollution is too great too bear and I was like choking and having difficulty in breathing in not more than 10 minutes..But as a part of the villagers, this is THE ONLY OPTION..Hmmm..I still stand on the former..


The smoke..I was like suffering for breathing difficulties..Although stand some metres away, still can smell it..Urrgggghhh..



This is what I did to filter the air..I need FRESH AIR!!

After that, eat some light refreshments at Ketua Kampung's house..

I love this hammock! I want one in my house compund next time..So nice to hang around and take a nap..
LAST DAY ( GOING HOME LO)..


The family photo..
Hmmm..Foster mum far right and foster grand mum fifth from left..
Me ( 2nd from left), Kak Dilah (4th from left )
The rest..I call them 'The Four Princess'..Why? cause they always 'MO' when we wanna make a move..always MAKE UP ( no kidding! can see them apply eye shadow, lip stick, lip gloss, powder) although we were scheduled to do some dirty activities..Imagine go into te paddy field also wanna make up..( * Cannot tahan liao)..



I'm ready to go home with mixed feelings..

Souvenirs-Snacks..

Last group photo..
(L-R) : Suet Kee, ME, Pei Kwet, Kak Dilah


Board the bus and go back UKM liao..
Overall, this Homestay programme was fun..I've got to learn and do a lot of things that I've never done before in my life..It definitely has thaught me to widen my thinking and explore the outside world, which is so different from my life now..With all these experiences and knowledge, I can blossom into someone great ( wakkakaka..Hopefully..) For Rm150 that includes transport, food, accomodation etc, it's kinda worth it..
Yet another experience to add to my journey of life..




0 baby monsters: