BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Meet the wild~

It was a so-called fieldwork when actually we became lecturer's guinea pigs to help her do survey for her research..Well, it was indeed a great experience as we get to
meet the wild be it being close to the elephants or interact with the aborigins/orang asli~ It was at Kuala Gandah, Pahang ( Well, my very first time to Pahang, not to add Genting in it..) and 3 buses from 2 classes combined..Even FEP donated Rm1000 which we then bought some daily necessities to give to the aborigins..

Shall let the pics do the talking ( Well, will elaborate here and there a lil~ )...


My companion on that day-Xiao Fang ( bubbly and sweet )




The halfway bus stopped at rest area somewhere nearing Pahang~





Wohhoooo..I wanna be a bus driver too..lol.. :P


With 2 lecturers and their family~


Bought nasi lemak as brunch to last till super! No food provided during the trip.. =.=
.
.
.
.
Chit chat
.
.
.
Ate
.
.
.
.
Slept
.
.
.
REACHED!

( Super secluded place with trees, bushes along the way..)

Take pics, Camwhore~


Chiak, Chiak, Chiak.......... :D


Xiao Fang, Poh Yen, ME :)

In front of the aborigins 'hall'..No fan, no lights, nothing..But comfy!

The aborigins' village name, I suppose.. :P


See, the rest of the group were way in front and we were the last..Too busy taking pics here and there..lol


:)



ME :P



Feed the elephants..


We were given 2 choices..Either put it in front of its trunk/mouth..Well, I chose mouth..Kinda scary and feel geli at first..You know, city people seldom get to be so close to wild animals and this type of reaction is kinda normal..



Riding the elephants..

Kinda scary cause it wasn't stable..My body go left and right as if gonna fall off~ And they didn't put any cloth for us to sit..The elephants are so hairy! lol



With baby elephant..I didn't dare to go close cause he was playing with the grass and soil..



With some of our classmates and lecturer..




Disturb Poh Yen..lol.. :P


BREAK!! Camwhore with Poh Yen's cap..


Suppose to eat our lunch but we didn't..Lecturer siap brought MEE IN MY CUP..lol..


The hot weather is killing me..Felt so hot! Of course must shield under the umbrella la..Freaking humid! Felt like gonna melt already :(

The survey booklet..


2 in a group and we're suppose to go in the house, give the aborigins some daily necessities ( soap, Colgate, food etc ) and INTERVIEW them~

Their house..
One is a low cost house ( brick..bulit by the government ) and the other is a hut ( built by themselves )

Inside the house..Look so empty ( no furniture..)..And messy~



There's a stench and I couldn't breathe properly..I didn't wanna show disrespect so act normal.. (,'')

The so called kitchen..OMG! I'm feel so lucky suddenly!


The cooking area, I suppose..


With one of the aborigins that we interviewed..

See, I know I'm chubby but her petite size made me look like I'm super big sized! Even my big, fat leg is bigger than her in a whole =.=

The survey questions were too tough..They don't even understand and we have to use simpler words..And they don't even know their age! And most of them are not educated!

Felt like I'm one of the luckiest human on earth again!


The aborigins babies don't wear clothes..Completely left naked! While us, scare baby catch cold this and that..Well, it's their culture..Luckily, the adults wear clothes now after being modenized..haha

Forgot what is it called..Like a crown..Used for festivals during dancing..


Hui Fang looked like a princess and I looked like a retard~ :@

Outside the 'hall'..

Souvenirs! It was rather expensive but I know they need fund for their living! The handmades are lovely~ :)


We bought a handmade coin purse with elephants on it..Cute!




This trip has indeed made me realize something..I feel more contented, blessed and well, L.O.V.E my life even more now!

0 baby monsters: